Our next meeting will be another 'Headstrong Evening’
On the 8th Sept 2016 from 7.30pm to 9.30pm at the White Rock Hotel
For our first meeting after the summer break we will have another of the very popular ‘Headstrong Debates’.
A series of 15 minute debates on any subject offered from the floor.
Please bring along your headstrong opinions and be prepared to have them challenged ….
Here are a few questions to choose from, to get us going:
* The director of Google research believes that by 2050 there will be a direct brain interface to the Internet. How might it change human nature in the following 50 years?
* Is Donald Trump’s popularity in America something that should scare us?
* With enough investment we could stop global warming, but we seem unable to make those choices. Why is that?
* What does ISIS want?
* What would be an ideal gift that you would like to receive?
* Andrew Copson advocates we support internationalist ideals and global civilisation,
But what are they exactlY? (topic suggested by GPJ)
I look forward to seeing you all again shortly