These are the topics for discussion at the Hastings Humanists "Darwin Day" meeting
on Thursday 13 February, 7 to 9 pm at the White Rock Hotel.
The Secretary will introduce these subjects by a look at their history.
There have been many new discoveries regarding human precursors reported over the last years –
in fact only today there is a report in the News of 800,000 year old footprints discovered in Norfolk – do we have the full story of human evolution yet? – probably not, it's getting more complicated.
The concept of Race has long been controversial – does it have any meaning?
Eugenics got a bad name in the twentieth century – is it making a comeback?
We are not experts – If you have views or knowledge bring them to our discussion.
Here are some links to sources of some of the information in my talk
- of cannibals
- Michio Kaku on CBS
- origins of racist ideology, Gobineau. Lapouge, etc.
- John Mitchel paradox
- I don't think denying races exist is any way to get rid of racism!
- what scientific idea is ready for retirement?
- race according to Nina Jablonski
- eugenics a question of authority
- see the comments too
- can we increase human intelligence
- cause of down syndrome
This is by no means a complete list.