Hastings Humanists, Annual General Meeting
6:30 pm, Thursday 10 November, Notley Room, White Rock Hotel
1. Reports by the Society's Officers, including Secretary and Treasurer, on
the year's events and progress.
2. Discussion on the present organisation of the group (e.g. do we need to
appoint more people to specific tasks). Election of Officers. The current
Treasurer has expressed the intention to stand down. (To vote you must have
paid the £5 annual membership fee.) The fee structure is also up for
discussion. Should we make meetings free, with just optional donations?
Should we keep the £5 annual membership structure?
3. Debate on our relationship with the BHA (and NSS): Affiliation,
Partnership or Independence? This is in response to the BHA's proposals for
new terms and fees. The issue of donations to support the BHA and the
encouragement of BHA direct membership has also been proposed for
4. Involvement with East Sussex SACRE: should we continue to have an
observer, and lobby to have a member on one of the subcomittees?
5. Expansion of activities. Suggestions have been made that we open a
Hastings Humanists twitter account, and support Non-Prophet Week. Are there
local issues we should be campaigning about? e.g. Council prayers. Assisting
formation of a Local AHS student group.
6. Programme for next year. Any ideas for subjects we should deal with, or
speakers we might attract, or days out?
Sorry if this Agenda is a bit sketchy. We are a rather informal group. There
will be opportunities for other issues to be raised if there is time.