Thursday 12 February 2009

Disappointing Response

The lack of response to this blog so far has been disappointing. I gave the URL on all the leaflets I distributed, and it was on the notice in the Observer (they put in an unnecessary "www" but this doesn't seem to matter, it still takes you to the same site). I distributed copies to various likely outlets, and emailed various organisations whose members I thought might be interested, but have also had no response from those. I begin to wonder if I will be the only one at the meeting! We shall see.

The Jehovah's Witnesses paid a call on me again this morning. They were here in January as well. I had quite a long conversation with them, as I usually do. I invited them to the Hastings Humanists meeting, and passed them one of my leaflets, but I think they have a meeting of their own this evening. The lady who did most of the speaking said she did not believe in evolution, though she liked watching David Attenborough's programmes. There was not much meeting of minds.

1 comment:

  1. Hello George,
    I just wanted to drop you a quick note to say that i'm interesting in attending the next HH meeting however, unfortunately, due to other commitments i'm unable to attend tomorrow, but I do very much hope to attend future meetings.
    I wanted to register my enthusiasm with you as, according to your blog, HH seems to be slow in the take up and i didn't want you to be despondent, I'm sure there are lots of Humanists like me out there in Hastings!
    - Graham.

    ReplyDelete